Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Good Morning! Its snowing in NW Ohio!

So on today's menu is crock pot meatballs. 50 of the little darlings are simmering in saucy goodness, for our eating pleasure later tonight.

I think we will be pretty hungry too. With 6 inches of snow in the forecast, and 10 degrees, I think there will be a lot of hungry campers around here.

So last night, I had a hoot. I watched Dirty Jobs, and Mike Rowe had a combustible toilet that had to be dismantled and cleaned. I have had the (dis) pleasure of seeing one of those in action, as well as dismantled and yes, I have even cleaned one. Its a disgusting, smelly job. I lived with a fantasticaly crazy old hippie who had one in an area where he was not permitted to have a flush toilet by environmental regulations and zoning for a short time.

The thing about combustible toilets is that wonderful smell of burning poo as it goes up in flames. Now, this one that I had the pleasure of knowing was vented via stovepipe, that did help. however, that smell permeated the entire cabin, and a loathsome smell it was. You really haven't lived till you have seen a flaming turd.

so anwyay, I stayed up too late, slept too late, and now I'm on that vampire bat schedule again. Sigh.

And did I say it was snowing?

No comments: