Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Its that Time of Year... New Moon, New garden Begun!

Well its a new moon and that means planting time!












Well, I built my "seedubator" in the basement It was a simple table , that I have enclosed in aluminum foil, with a hanging florescent and several regular incancdescent lights for heat.



Makes me dizzy to put my head in there while I'm working!





Here are the seeds....




so far, I have planted in

Basil
Broccoli
Cabbage
Summer Squash Yellow
Summer Squash green
Celery
Rosemary
Onions
Lavendar
Lemon balm
4 kinds of Tomatoes
Eggplant
Cantelope.

Thats so far, anyway.


So when its all watered and done, I close up the black plastic curtain to keep the heat in. The timer is set for 15 hours of light per day, I may bump that to 16 when they have sprouted.




After this, when we have some good plants, they will be moved to a cold frame during the day for hardening.


I'll take pictures of the sprouts sooner than later, I hope!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I am jealous of your seedlings...I'm going another year without a garden in hopes of moving before the summer is out.